Friday, February 19, 2010

Gravity is a bitch

So many balls in the air...and I have never been good at juggling.
I have been popping back in here over the last few weeks, looking almost sadly at my last owly post and feeling the familiar guilt of the absent blogger. But just before coming in here to post this, I realised why.
I am back at work! Bet you can't tell.
Not that that is anything new, I have been back for over a year now but this year we decided I needed to go back an extra day to make three days a week to keep the wolves from our door. Damned wolves.
And in my naivety I thought this year was going to be easier. And in theory it should. This year I have three days to do the job I was trying to squeeze into two last year. Sure sounds like it should be easier right?
Hmmmm.
Anyway, in short work has been beyond crazy. And the adjustment to three days has taken a bit of getting use to. I still am adjusting actually. I frequently find myself doing the plan in my head for how the week is going to pan out, and realise I have lost a day somewhere.
Things have also been super busy as we have started a couple of activities for the Monkey - Kindergym on Thursdays and swimming on Sundays. And also Toddler group on Fridays. Did I mention things had been busy?
Anyway, I have done a few things that I will catch up on, and have a couple of projects waiting in the wings for me to start. Time to find some time for me again I think.
Deja Vu anyone? But I am not going to beat myself up about it. I think it really is all a part of being a mum, having so many balls in the air, that
you do drop thone or two some of the time. A lot of the time. It's just a shame that it's always the ball with my name written on it in texta that hits the ground first.
Clowns must have the most wonderfully fulfilling lives.

0 comments: