Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh how I love my owls!

I had a good feeling about this project before I started and just hoped I could pull it off with my limited sewing skills. There were parts of making my first owl that were really fiddly and quite difficult but generally it wasn't too hard and was lots of fun!

It took a lot to get to this point, and the eyes were really fiddly, but he was taking shape.
This is my first little owl all finished! I didn't take too many pics during making him as I was too busy with what I was doing and forgot. He is far from perfect but I though it wasn't a bad first effort. His name is Ollie and I put him on The Monkey's couch for her to find in the morning.



She loves him! It was so cute, she saw him he second she got up this morning and did her whole excited dance and he has been her friend all day awww.


After finishing Ollie last night I decided to get working on another one for my gorgeous best friend. This is Ollie watching me cut out his soon to be girlfriend.

Pieces cut out, ready to go.

And finished. (Yes, I again had my obsessive craft brain on and forgot to take more pics sorry). She is called Olivia, and there were a few things I did differently with her and was much more happy with the finished project. As soon as Monkey saw her she tried to adopt her as well, so I am actually considering making her at least another one if not a whole Owly Family.
My little Owly Babies!! I think they are super cute, they are such a cute pattern and I can't wait to start making some more.



0 comments: