Monday, July 5, 2010

A deer little dress

The girl trying on her new threads!

I completely fell in love with this on Samster Mommy a while ago, fabric and all. It was made with a Little Blue Boo pattern for a recycled hoodie and styled into a cute little dress. And I will admit now - I shamelessly copied it but who can resist when it is so darned cute?!

I did first try searching high and low for a lovely sweatshirt fabric that would work just as well but found nothing - even online there were really limited choices.

So I headed on over to Sew Baby to try find the same material but they were out of stock so I gave up and sadly put it at the bottom of my list.

Not long after I saw the deer fabric back in stock at Sew Baby and got very excited! We were back in business!

So finally this weekend I sat down to make the same sweatshirt dress I had fallen in love with. It was my first go at sewing hoods, pockets and proper sleeves but it was relatively easy and I love how it turned out - so cute!

The Monkey seemed to like it as well and even let me take a gazillion photos of her in it for once.

Kangaroo Pocket - so sweet!

She is obsessed with hoods as it is and this one is no exception.


And just one more cause I think she is the cutest!

So sweatshirt dress - done! Very happy Mummy and Monkey.


0 comments: