
This little guy is soon to be the Monkey's new best friend. First name - Dilby. Last name - The Duck.
The Monkey has been obsessed with ducks since forever. 'Duck' was one of her very first words, soon followed by 'quack'. For a while there she also dissolved into enthusiastic 'quacks' whenever she saw anything that even slightly resembled a duck - including the penguins from Madagascar.
So obesessed is the little one, that when we went to a wildlife park where they had all manner of animals, including heaps of peacocks and one doing a mating dance that was jaw droppingly amazing, all she could yell was 'quack', completely ignoring the peacock five metres from her and spotting a duck so far away that the HTC and I could hardly see it.
So yes, the child loves ducks, so I am excited to be making her one of her very own.
I got the pattern from a gorgeous etsy shop here, I have also snaffled a few others to try later - including a monkey for the Monkey. Dilby does look more involved than my darling Oliver but I guess I won't know until I try it out!
All the pieces are cut out now, so I am hoping to get sewing tomorrow.
0 comments:
Post a Comment