Sunday, January 3, 2010

How's the serenity?

This is going to ebe a superquick post as we have family over in a minute and I have just heard the first 'waking up' noises from the Monkey's Lair. (Tree maybe? I dunno)

The HTC went out to play poker last night once the Monkey was in bed. We have had quite a nice and very relaxing week together as a family, have done not much else except laze about the house which has been lovely. Therefore, when he was invited out last night I was more than keen for him to go cause the thought of some quiet crafty time was too good to refuse.

So with the Monkey safely tucked up in bed I started my crafty pottering. Dowloaded the tutes I wanted to start working on. Threaded sewing machine. Made pattern for the Halter top. Cut pieces for Halter. Cute pieces for my beautiful Olly. Learned once again how to thread sewing machine. Started sewing halter.

The next thing I knew it was 1am and the HTC was walking through the door - oops! I couldn't exactly tell you where the night went, but it was a happy blur of doing bits and pieces that I felt like doing, without interuption and with 90's party max playing in the background. It was a perfect night.

(And yes, I am definitely realising my Nanna status these days is getting higher and higher but I don't care cause I am happy!)

Tomorrow the Monkey is at childcare so i have a whole day to myself to get right into my projects and I cannot wait.

How's the serenity?

MARVELLOUS.

0 comments: