Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pizza Scrolls



I have a bit of baking blogging to catch up on it seems! For my birthday I had our family and a couple fo friends over for morning tea, so I set out to bake some lovely treats for us all, and they were very well received!

These were super simple to make, but considering there were absolutely none left at the end, I think they definitely were a favourite! I made mine with mettwurst and bacon and cheese, but really you could put almost anything on them you would put on a pizza. I had tried these at my friends house several times before, and am now kicking myself for not getting the recipe sooner considering how easy and delicious they are! In hindsight I probably put a bit too much filling in them as they spilled over the top a little as you can see in the photo. The recipe isn't exact because I basically threw what I wanted on there.
Pizza Scrolls
Makes 24-36
2 sheets puff pastry
4 tbsp garlic and herb tomato paste
2 cups grated cheese
1/2 cup garlic mettwurst, diced
1/2 cup diced bacon, lightly fried
milk/egg for wash
Preheat oven to 200C.
Combine cheese, mettwurst and bacon in a bowl.
Spread each sheet of puff pastry with tomato paste, leaving a 2cm border along one side.
Sprinkle combined ingredients over tomato paste.
Roll up pastry to enclose the folling (like a swiss roll) , leaving the plain edge till last.
Brush plain edge with water and fold to seal.
Cut each roll into 1cm rounds (use serrated bread knife) and place on lined oven trays.
Use egg or milk to lightly brush over rounds.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.


0 comments: