
The HTC, Monkey and I ventured out to the markets on Saturday which was lovely. We even happened to meet some friends there and had breakfast with them which was fun! Anyway, I had a look at a little shop while we were there and came upon some organic poppy seeds.
Now I am sure I have mentioned that my gardening skills are less than none, but I have decided to give it a shot nevertheless. I was happy to see that they can be sown between autumn and spring so we will see how we go. I have planted them in a planter box and left them on the table in the middle of our yard, as I think that is where they will get the most sun. It's a bit hard to be sure in our yard as we have these towering gum trees pretty much sheltering everything, but hopefully they will be okay. But of course the problem with this is putting them in a place with maximum sun exposure also puts them in a place with maximum rain exposure! We will see what happens soon enough I suppose. The plan (as given to me by the packet!!) is to grow them to about 4cm and then sow them in the garden. I am hopeful it will work out.
I was showing them to the Monkey the other day and telling her all about them. She looked fascinated I must say, if only she understood a word I was saying!
0 comments:
Post a Comment