Friday, June 12, 2009

Small Pleasures - a beginning

Okay, so this is the second time I have written this introductory post for my new blog. In the little while that I have been thinking about starting it up, I have actually changed my mind somewhat about what I want this blog to be, and to be about.

So in short, 'Small Pleasures' is my record for doing the little things in life that make me happy. It is only recently that I have come to realise that there are many things that I enjoy doing, but I often talk myself out of doing them, or feel like I don't have the time to finish them and so don't start at all, or feel that they are all too difficult to organise. But once I actually start I realise that I get a lot of pleasure out of them, and they really aren't as hard to do as I tell myself they are!

Much of this blog will be focused on crafty and creative things I am interested in and want to do more of. For the moment these things include digiscrapping, photography, baking and making jewellery, although I am sure my list of interests will be ever changing as it always is.

I also want to concentrate more on the activities and experiences that I cherish, like reading a good book or going somewhere special with my family, or even seeing a movie - god forbid!

So 'Small Pleasures' is my committment to myself - to do the little things in life that make me happy, and keep a record of them to remind myself how special they are to me. I am considering it my 'To-Do' list of the fun but important stuff that so easily gets put on hold in day to day life.

So....off to create my list!

0 comments: